 From: Anand.R.Kris <anandrk...@gmail.com>
To: ILUG-C <ilugc@ae.iitm.ac.in>
Sent: Wednesday, 8 January 2014 12:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Ilugc] ILUGC Meetings in cyberspace

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Abdur Rahman <sarsarah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 11:47 AM, Balasubramaniam Natarajan <
> bala150...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > My house is near central and say if I take the auto to come to IIT
> Chennai
> > due to my personal reasons I have to shell out ~ RS. 250 one way and
> would
> > take equally that much back to my house.  I cannot shell out RS 500 just
> on
> > travel alone :-(, Since I am interested in sharing and gaining knowledge
> > feel it is more apt and easy for many people to join the meeting should
> > this happen over the web.
> >
> > first thing is why do you take auto? why not public transport?
> you have a train which is reasonable at fare
> and also by travelling in public transport will reduce the pollution
> emission.
>

> > If people don't consider me cheap I can contribute RS 50 towards making
> > this meeting possible over the web.  I know this is a small amount
> however
> > if some more people join together I guess the fund should be enough to
> have
> > it over the net.  I have also heard about the counter comment that if
> money
> > is involved it leads to unnecessary disputes (I am really not sure how to
> > get that resolved).
> >

> IMPO we dont need to spend anything for that, we can just have Google
> Hangouts if we need.

If someone says *personal reasons*,  i think, it is courteous to not to
probe further...

You meant, Hangouts with webcam? Hangouts is fine for connectivity and
conferencing, but for broadcasting / capturing the sessions with good
quality, some better recording equipment than webcam is required?

--
Cheers,
Anand Radhakrishnan