On 16 August 2014 16:11, Sahil ModGill <scorpionking.sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there anyone who is using Google Chromebook? If yes, then kindly share
> your experiences.
I dont use one but my friend does.
> What I researched about Chromebook is that we can't install anything on it.
> Then how can it be a good choice for a developer or techie who do some
> coding or researching day-in day-out?
Its based on chrome OS which mosly serves browsing needs with max
ability to install extensions and some carry offline support.

> It means Chromebook is good only for web surfing.
> Please correct me if I am wrong.

You were right in being default .But chromebook could be used to
install GNU/Linux on it .
http://www.chromebook-linux.com/2011/11/how-to-install-gnulinux-on-your-html.html
https://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/764181-how-to-install-linux-on-an-acer-c720-chromebook/
http://www.geek.com/apps/hps-chromebook-11-is-even-better-with-ubuntu-installed-1574172/

There are countless articles online , just search the right one for
your model and distro.

Final word is that google somehow subsidises thanks to OEM deals and
give us a sleek device , why not run GNU/Linux on it !

Regards,
Pavithran