On 10/09/14 23:23, கணேஷ் குமார் wrote:
> Dear *Founder - Hamara Linux*
>
> Welcome.
>
> Having something is better than nothing.
> Started a good job.
>
> -------------------------------
> I have few things I'd like to get clarified from Founder.
>
> 1) first what is hamara?
> 2) when you say 'stem cultural hegemony' - what do you mean?
>
> If you want to make the technology to reach one who dont know english
> what will replace english.
>
> *cultural hegemony - described as the  domination of a culturally diverse
> society by the ruling class who manipulate the culture of that society.*
>

> *Do you think cultural hegemony will give you some solution for
> all culturally diverse people?*
> what will happen to the rest of the diverse culture?
> what is the ruling class culture here?
>
> -------------------------------
> you said
> - "hamara" Linux is the name.
> - developed in perspective of language.
> - to create stem cultural hegemony
> - without english.
>
> what cultural hegemony you are about to bring in?
> what should we assume from the name?
>
> *when you think of  *"new distribution tailored to the Indian market from the
> perspective of language" *what came in you mind* is '*HAMARA*'.
> when you "put हिंदी [Beta]
> <http://www.hamaralinux.org/hamara?p_p_id=82&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&_82_struts_action=%2Flanguage%2Fview&_82_redirect=%2Fhamara&_82_languageId=hi_IN>
> and
> leave others".
> when you said "without english" (*not with your native language *).
>
> *how it will become linux focusing indian market and language perspective*?
> perhaps you are right  since you didn't mention in which way the
> perspective will be.
>
> I'm wondering what 'stem cultural hegemony' you are providing by 'hamara'?
>
> *Do you think representing a diverse society only by majority is healthy
> way? *
>
> May be its Ye Hai Hamara!  <http://www.hamaralinux.org/about-us>for you!
>
> -------------------------------
> Me:
>
> *Am sorry if the person behind Founder *feels it odd/discouraging .
>
> *But I have convey how it feels when you are represented by something you
> are not.*
>
> I took cultural hegemony literally to explain.
>
> I'm not sure you are funded to manage all language perspective - if not why
> you pretending.
>
> I'll be accepting you gladly if you can answer these without 'cultural
> hegemony'.
>
> At least you made a move to have something.
> All the best for that as long us it meets us as us.
>
> *Am not against anything. I'm only defending what I have.*
>
> Don't take it as discouraging  but
>
> Thank you.

Thanks for the reply, I guess my choice of words may not have been best,
I'm sorry if that's the case.

When I said "stem cultural hegemony", I mean to prevent or limit it.

So, of course hamara should be "namma" in TN, or "saada" in Punjab.

We only have one tamil speaker in our team at the moment, so I am
traveling to meet people there.

If we are to reach a wide audience, then there is little point replacing
one language with another. English and western
culture is arguably dominant, probably followed by Hindi / Northern
Indian culture - within the project we have the ability
to be much more ethnically diverse but still in the spirit of being
together.

I hope you will come and meet with us on the 24th, I am just waiting for
confirmation of the venue.