"I speak of Richard Stallman, progenitor of the free software movement and
creator of GNU (as in GNU/Linux, the most widely deployed operating system
in the world, and GNU bash, the tool that has caused so much shellshock
lately). He's a hero to me, and anyone that honestly evaluates the
landscape of computing's history would conclude that there's few whose
contributions may equal his in importance. I place only Ken, Ritchie, and
Turing by his side. It is shameful that anyone need to write an essay
telling people to stop bashing this man who has worked for free to provide
us with some of the greatest software ever written, but I see a number of
people who I normally respect defaming the man. Beyond that, irresponsible
publications such as the Guardian take the chance to talk shit on Stallman
<http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/sep/26/bash-bug-shellshock-richard-stallman>
and spew some anti-free software garbage. Over the past few years hating
Stallman has become somewhat trendy among the Silicon Valley crowd, and
every HN thread involving Stallman spews childish insults about him."

-- Quoted from the below link, to read more, visit the link
ttps://weev.livejournal.com/409835.html

--
Thanks & Regards,
Prasanna Venkadesh.