Hi All,

Am trying to setp-up nginx in centos7 (minimal image), and it seems like
installed successfully, but failed to start.

Below the steps which I followed to install nginx -

Created a file at /etc/yum.repos.d/nginx.repo and add following content to
repo file:

[nginx]
name=nginx repo
baseurl=http://nginx.org/packages/centos/$releasever/$basearch/
gpgcheck=0
enabled=1

And "yum install nginx", installed nginx without returning any error.

Then started nginx by using - sudo systemctl start nginx.service, but "
http://localhost or IP" not loading nginx default welcome page

I have verified whether any other services are running on the port 80, its
used by nginx only. Below the result.

lsof -i :80

COMMAND  PID  USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
nginx   2357  root    6u  IPv4  20726      0t0  TCP *:http (LISTEN)
nginx   2358 nginx    6u  IPv4  20726      0t0  TCP *:http (LISTEN)

cat /var/log/nginx/error.log is empty.

So where am wrong ? Pls help.

--
Siji Sunny