On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 6:23 PM, Gowtham Raam <professionalgr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Reply here if you are interested in giving a talk.

Topic
​:​

  Workflows with Tmux

Description
​:​

  Tmux, or Terminal MUltipleXer is a really sleek way to make your terminal
do
  a LOT more things that you thought it could. It manages windows and panes
like
  a BOSS.  I usually work on a bunch of things - some work related stuff,
some open
  source projects, some side projecty stuff, writing a blog post, etc. And
all
  these things require my screen to be in some format. One of the greatest
things
  about tmux is its ability to manage sessions. You can create a session
and make
  your splits in one fashion and when you are done with the work for that
point
  in time, you can detatch from that session and leave it right that way.
When
  you want to get back to it you can just pick up where you left off.

  The true power of Tmux however lies in applying this session management
when
  you are working on remote boxes. Imagine working at home on a remote box,
  closing your laptop, travelling to work and picking up *right* where you
left
  off. In addition, pair programming becomes an ease with Tmux. It is super
  simple and it just works. Thats the beauty behind it

  In this session, I will try to explain some of the concepts of Tmux that
  have learnt in the past few weeks of using Tmux (Note: I'm still a
beginner)
  and the way I use it. I will also demonstrate its power in remote
machines and
  how to use it to pair program.

Links
​:​

  Don't have recordings of any previous talks. But you can find my previous
  presentation slides over at http://speakerdeck.com/shrayasr

Duration
​:​

  30-45 mins

About Yourself
​:​

  My name is Shrayas. I previously worked at SAP Labs Bangalore and now I
work
  with my father at Logic Soft Pvt. Ltd. helping to explore new verticals
and
  do new things. I love open source and the whole idea behind F/OSS and have
  tried my best to contribute where ever I can to them. I do most of my
work in
  terminals with my trusty VIM and Tmux. I currently am exploring Python
and C#
  at work and side projects. Also I am slowly trying to use FP languages
like
  clojure and racket/scheme where ever I can (though I'm horrible at it :D)

  Otherwise, I am basically from the streets of Mylapore, Chennai. Did my
B.Sc
  from Loyola (any loyolites here?) and my MS during my tenure at SAP.

​---​
This will be my first time attending ILUGC. Super excited to meet y'all!