On 17/11/14 06:56, Balachander T wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I work for an NGO based in the Nilgiris, Keystone Foundation. We have a
> small LAN in our office where we use Windows Server 2003 for managing
> users, rights and sharing files. The Windows Server assigns IP to all
> the users. We have a separate ClearOS firewall for internet protection.
>
> As we have a mix of clients (Windows 7, XP, OSX, Linux, Android) we find
> that the Server OS needs updating. Being a long time FOSS user on the
> desktop, I am interested in switching over to a GNU/Linux server.
> However I have no experience with servers. I have googled a bit and
> installed Ubuntu server 14.04, but I am not able to find time to do the
> required trial and error.
>
> Can you please suggest how we could go about doing the migration? Do you
> know any group/person that can set this up and provide support to us?
>
> Looking forward to your inputs.
We offer help and support with windows to linux migration:
http://www.techbluesoftware.co.in/
http://www.hamaralinux.org/

I am personally really interested in the work you are doing,
particularly around livelihood
and environmental governance (I have set up a small community farm in
the UK).

Considering the good work you are doing, we would be prepared to offer
you help and support
from certified engineers free of cost.

Let me know if this is of interest?