On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 9:49 PM, Shrayas rajagopal <shray...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm seeing a somewhat gradual decline in all things debian also.
> Another thing probably to note is one of the core developers of I
> think the debian installer - Joey Hess, just quit the project and
> moved on as well.

Four people in Debian resigned over the last two weeks from various
duties. Including Ian jackson, the man leading the case against
systemd.

> I'm interested to see where this will end up. Maybe someone can talk
> about this and related problems in the next ILUGC meet

This ended yesterday, the debian developers overwhelmingly support systemd.

A lot of distros switched to debian, ARCH did it long back, debian
made long and careful evaluation of alternatives and is switching.
Ubuntu also announced it will switch to systemd as soon as debian made
its choice.

Most of the people bashing systemd are people with very little
technical information about the project.

--
A. Narendiran

(The worst way to waste your time is to never waste it.)