Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 13:24:42 GMT
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ThinkCycle>> New Resource: Neural Network

New Resource posted on a ThinkSpace by Sandeep Jain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 2003-05-30.

Resource: Neural Network

Topic: Tools for Education

ThinkSpace: Reading and Literacy Tool

I've put up a program called Neurun at http://sjain.net/neurun, which trains a
backpropagation neural network, which could be used for OCR.

There's lots of work on OCR using neural networks. I initially thought that would be
the ideal way to go. But the theory of neural networks is not too well developed, so
you spend a lot of time experimenting and hoping for the best.

I'm trying to work out a general framework for OCR, which I'll post here when it seems
to become clearer.

Sandeep

See Resource details on ThinkCycle here:
http://www.thinkcycle.org/tc-space/tspace?tspace_id=37543

Please forward this note to others interested in contributing to this topic.