You might want to consider the 'Download' section at ILUG-D. This section is aimed at
providing exactly the same functionality that you are talking about. It has a very
basic interface to facilitate uploads and downloads. Please check it out and let me
know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Nishi

PS: We are yet to see the uploads that prompted the need of this functionality.