Hello Umesh,

During kernel configuration (in Xconfig stage) I believe that you have wrongly
configured a device may be your scci drive and as a result the module for that
particular device is giving problem.

Nikhil Bhargava,

Researxh Enginneer,
IMT-2000,
CDOT Delhi

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

hi
i am trying to recomplie the kernel for an HCL server with (SCSI supported ) with
AICC7xxx ....
did all that was required to recompile the kernel.
the whole thing is working fine except for the following message that came up during
boot up
"exiting /sbin/insmod abnormally " rest of the stuff is all OK OK .......
cud a knowledgable person tell me what the consequences of this particular message wud
be
thanx
umesh