I am having problems in connecting to internet. I have a LAN connection and after
getting advice from the mailing list, I did download from the net and set up the
24online client. However, it does not ask for my password or username. The system does
actiavte the etho but can't connect to internet.
Somebody suggested PC Quest issue of March 03, but I am unable to get it in the
market, the internet does not give you the CD (the site of PC quest has some
descriptions but no way to download the client). I am in Munirka, if someone in South
Delhi can help me with PC quest of March 03-either in purchasing or just borrowing for
a day.
I have a motoral modem for which again I downloaded and executed the driver from net.
Now the system does recognise the modem but is unable to initialise it, despite so
many trials. My modem is on com port 3.
Any help on connecting to the internet through LAN or Modem?

Pls. give detailed instruction since I am a newcomer to Linux and not a programmer
either.
thanks,
Rajesh