> > > While setting up the IP based site on a dedicated server,
> > > i am getting the following err.
> > >
> > > Field IP Address ( ERROR ): IP address 207.36.47.229 is in list of
> > > registered namebased addresses
> > >
> > > Stuck in the middle, can any one throw some light on it
> > The most important question first. What control panel software are you
> > using?
> >

> I think it is Webppliance, provided by the server provider.
ensim??

> > Basically the problem is that you are using an IP address that you have
set
> > aside for name based sites. Apache allows you to set up a site with IP
and
> > use that IP for name based domains, but a lot of control panels might
not
> > allow that :(
> >

> I did found that out and removed the address from the list of IPs
registered
> for the name based site,
>
> Q. Now Does that mean, i need an eXtra IP specifically reserved, if i need
>      host name based site?, is it possible to have name based sites
working on
> same
>      IP, on which the IP based site is there. Or if someone can eXplain or
> link to
>      details, how actually it works. (The Technical part).
I would suggest that you set up one IP for all the name based sites, and use
seperate IPs for your IP based sites.

Normally if you configure apache manually, you can define a default site for
a ip and add additional name based sites to that ip which are only available
as name based sites. This is fairly trivial, and on many servers if you use
the ip used for name based sites you will find one site that behaves like it
is configured for that ip! On ensim servers, it seems that ips used for name
based sites are used by ensim for server level administration!

Ambar