Hi,

I have some queries on the password policy. Please respond with whatever
info you have on this.

Here it is:

Depending on the security level you want, password policy is decided/set at
the time of installation.
If it is set for not accepting dictionary words, the user passwords can not
be set/changed based on the dictionary words.

While setting the password, if it is a dictionary word, the system
IMMEDIATELY responds with a message that the password is based on a
dictionary word. I want to know how this dictionary based policy is stored
on the system, how it can scan the full dictionary of thousands of words
within fraction of second. I would like to know what kind of indexing logic
is required/done for using this.

If the system is installed for multiple languages, it checks "for all the
dictionaries for all the languages" with the same lightening response.

e.g. recently I tried to change my password on one of my websites with a
spanish word (eg. cielo or uno) based password and I was refused
immediately.

Extending this further, if I have Indian languages like Hindi installed in
the system, how the dictionary is stored/read for this purpose and also how
the indexing/(sort order) is done for the respective dictionary.

Please send me whatever info you have on this. Any books/Websites/reference
material welcome..

Thanks in advance.

-Sudhanwa

www.sudhanwa.com