HI
   First of all check that modem is properly in stalled or not by going
kppp and click on query modem button, then go to modem commands
set proper init command like ATZ etc. and you need to check that
if you phnone line is pulse dialing or tone, then set
ATDT -> for tone and ATDP -> for pluse dialing , either of it should
persent on the list of the modem command. Change those as your
requirement.
-- koushik

dinesh kapoor wrote:

> hi again,
>
> Sir,can you tell me how can I get .exe files in MSDOS to be ported
> to linux,since I have WINDOWS98 & linux on the same system?
>
> 2.
> when I start up internet dialup in KDE,I get an error message that
> kppp died unexpectedly,error-16....
> When I viewed the log,it says something like modem hangup and
> all..
> In diagnose box it is written that 'Sorry,can't help you with
> this'?
> What should I do?
>
> plz reply soon,
>
> thanks,
> dinesh kapoor

 ,           ,
 /             \
((__-^^-,-^^-__))
 `-_---' `---_-'
     \  `  /
      ): :(
      :o_o:
       "-"
GNU/Linux - Choice of the Freedom Lovers
Koushik Ghosh.
Chinsurah, Hooghly, India.
E - Mail ID  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Home Page http://koushik.fateback.com/