On Wednesday 30 July 2003 06:06 pm, you wrote:
> hi all
>
> Can someone tell me about some open source video/audio editing
> software...most stuff like adobe premier and final cut pro dont
> work on linux...
>
> regrds,
> kuber

yeah, i have been doing some digging on this past few months as well. there's
something called jashaka, and i discovered a few more. they seemed to have
slipped outta my mind for the moment. why don't you do a search or browse
through the relevant categories at sourceforge.net and at freshmeat.net
(org?).

have also read some articles, that state the stuff is not really made for
'production loads' that is, when you get say 40gm or 200gb or even 10
terabytes of just raw footage, at full D1 resolution or something, with
mutli-channel sound and stuff, the software begins to creak.

but then things change dramatically in the FLOSS world.

:-)
LL