Dear Mr. Ghosh,

DOS/Windows OS can usually be booted from the first hard disk only.
However, if you want to boot Windows from a hard disk other than the
first, you can simply change the hard disk's BIOS number to make Windows
"believe" it resides on the first hard disk. This can be achieved in the
Grub configuration with the comand map.
To do this, open the file /boot/grub/menu.lst with an editor of your
choice and edit or append the following section:

title windows
   root (hd1,0)
   makeactive
   chainloader +1
   map (hd0) (hd1)

   map (hd1) (hd0)

Save the file menu.lst. Could be a help. Check it out !!

Koushik Ghosh wrote:

> Hi all,
>  can you help me configuring the grub in multiple harddisk, I have two
> one is 10GB(hdc) and another is 4GB(hda). I have Linux(RH 8) on the 4GB
> harddisk (hda) and windows 2000 prof in 10GB(hdc).
>
> Koushik Ghosh.
> Chinsurah, Hooghly, India.
> E - Mail ID  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Home Page http://koushik.fateback.com/

       _______
       !\---/!
        .--.
     0-|o_o |-0
     ! |:_/ | !
      //   \ \
     (| FSF | )
| Sohel Shaheen Mallik                                  |
| Tathya Dot Com Pvt. Ltd. (http://www.tathya.com)      |
| E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                             |
| WWW: http://sohel.fateback.com                        |
| ICQ :: 165534383                                      |
| Phone: +91 033 2573 4224/8041                         |
| Mon-Fri(9:30-6:30 IST) | Sat :: 9:30-1:30 IST         |