> There are actually three "birthdays" one can identify for Linux:
>
> The first was July 3rd, 1991, when Linus posted his first query [snip]

oops! we already missed it.

> The next was August 25th, 1991, when Linus first let the cat out
> of the bag about his project:

[snip]

> Finally came Linus' call to arms on October 5th, 1991, when he
> posted
[snip]

> Therefore, by convention, Linux was "born" on 25-Aug-1991.

goodie! october 5th is a sunday this year!!! so yeah! let's celebrate this
birthday as well. great excuse to party, have another bash, and those who
missed the sweets i got this time can have a go at them as well.

besides, in computers, one human year equal 7 years, as we know, so
celebrating thrice over is also great.

i recommend we have a bigger bash, tell more people, have more snakes and
sweets, a bigger cake, i'll bring some indian diyas as well to light on the
occassion, and have some superb presentations as usual.

what sayest thou? perhaps we could even end the day with some diwali crackers
if its the season....

:-)
LL