+++ Gaurav Jit Singh [02/09/03 07:29 -0700]:

> > Very difficult to do it in languages like Python and
> > Java.
> >
> > - Sandip
>
> Yes these languages dont have expressive and flexible
> grammar.

Very well put :D

Having the power of expression and flexibility in a corporate environment
which demands uniformity is not always a good thing, though.

The point I am making is not that Perl is a bad language for writing
programs, the age old  problem that everybody has is that it is not *always* as
maintainable as one would like it to be.

- Sandip

P.S. I have had enough flame wars about Perl on this list. I would not like
to continue with this.

--
Sandip Bhattacharya                        http://www.sandipb.net
sandip at puroga.com