Hi Manav,

    Manav> hi, i require latest cds of red hat linux 9 pls contact me
    Manav> at

    Manav> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    Manav> bye manav

    Manav> Win TVs, Bikes, DVD players and more!Click onYahoo! India
    Manav> Promos _______________________________________________
    Manav> ilugd mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Manav> http://frodo.hserus.net/mailman/listinfo/ilugd

I'm outlining the methodology if you want to get CDs from me.  If you
have other resources (e.g. Dhruv Gami and Sandip Bhattacharya are
willing to cut CDs for people in East Delhi, or have a look at the
resources section at http://linux-delhi.org/), please use those since
I consider my time expensive and am primarily charging for that.

I have the following CDs available:

Debian GNU/Linux Woody 3.0r1                    7 CDs
Red Hat Linux 9 binaries                        3 CDs
Red Hat Linux 8.0 binaries                      3 CDs
Red Hat Linux 7.3 binaries                      3 CDs
Knoppix 3.2                                     1 CD
GNU/Linux Utils for Education (GLUE)            1 CD
Lycoris Linux                                   1 CD
GNUWinII 2.1 (GNU Utilities for Windows)        1 CD
TheOpenCD (GNU Utilities for Windows)           1 CD
Dyne:Bolic Radio Linux                          1 CD
MoviX2 0.2.2                                    1 CD
FIRE (Forensic and Intrusion Recovery
  Environment) 0.3.5b                           1 CD

The charge for each CD is Rs. 50.  So if you want RH Linux 8.0 (3
CDs), it will cost you Rs 150 for the CDs, apart from any other
charges.

Now, how do you get the CDs?

Simplest method is to give me a call and pick up the CDs from me in
Munirka (South Delhi).  You can call me at 26161387 or 9811066460,
tell me when you're coming and I'll make the CDs in front of your
eyes: they'll be absolutely fresh!

If you do that, please bring (a) cash for the CDs and (b) some
envelope or other protective material to carry them in.  Sorry, I
don't have CD covers.

If you can't come to Munirka for any reason, you can still get the CDs
but it will cost you a bit more and will take a little longer.  Here's
the methodology:

1. Send me a PERSONAL e-mail giving your details (your name, address
and contact phone number) and the list of CDs you want.  Do NOT send
the mail to the mailing list, otherwise you are likely to get flamed!

2. I will reply to that mail and ask you to send a money order to my
address.  The value of the MO would Rs. 50 per CD requested plus Rs
100 to cover handling, shipping, finding and buying soft CD covers,
etc.

3. Send the MO.

4. I will ship the CDs to you by courier to the address you have
given.  This will be done within 2 days of receiving the MO.  You can
send a TMO if you're in a hurry.

I'm not sure how much it costs to ship CDs by courier.  Nor am I too
sure about the availability of soft CD covers, where to find them and
how much they cost, so I'm estimating Rs 100 will cover those and my
time and pain.  If the costs of courier/covers are significantly
higher the Rs 100 may go up.

I will not ship CDs by courier without advance payment.

Finally, I request those people who have a working infrastructure to
step up and make it easier and cheaper for people to get CDs.  I am a
free-lance consultant and do not have a full-fledged office with lots
of people handling shipping and mail, so I have to do everything
myself.  If you do have an office, people to burn CDs and people to
ship them, I'd be glad if you take this task off my hands.

Remember, if you have technical problems with the CDs (how to setup
Red Hat, how to get a root shell in Knoppix, etc) please do not
contact this list or me for a solution.  The Linux-Delhi and
Linux-India-Help lists are meant specifically for asking and answering
these sort of questions.

Regards,

-- Raju
--