HI,
I have been using Red Hat 9 along with Windows 98 for some time now. It was working
perfectly alright. However, my windows part was showing some problem and I reinstalled
the windows98. After reinstallation, my linux (grub starter) stopped showing. I
'upgraded' my installation. I got back my grub boot. It starts all the processes but
finally when it comes to starting the actual programme I get a message like this:

Kernel 2.4.20-8smp on an i686
INIT: Id "4" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "5" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "6" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

I leave it like that for 5 minutes but nothing happens.

I have been working in linux for some time now and have got lots of working files,
document and mail etc. in it and so I don't want to reinstall the linux since I will
lose all my data.

Please Help.

Thanks in anticipation,
Rajesh K. Jha