+++ Sandeep Agarwal (Hotmail) [18/09/03 10:58 +0530]:
> I have RHL 7.3 box for mail. When this server is going to fetch the mail for the user
> from ISP end, it shows No. of message fetched, but when I am going to see the mails
> in /var/spool/mail directory by the command
>
> mail -f /var/spool/mail/useraccount
>
> It shows less no. of mails. I have seen this problem mainly with the yahoo mails.
> None of yahoo mails is comming upto user mailbox, while other mails are comming.

Run fetchmail in debug mode and not in daemon mode.

Steps:
1. Kill any existing fetchmail session
   fetchmail -q
2. Run fetchmail in debug mode
   fetchmail -vv -d 0

See if you get any clue from the messages. It is helpful to open an
additional xterm/console with a "tail -f /var/log/maillog" running to monitor
mails handled by your local mail server.

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya                        http://www.sandipb.net
sandip at puroga.com