--- Sandip Bhattacharya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mani wrote:
>
> > hi all,
> >         I have PCQ 7.1 installed with Apache 1.3.19-6 installed. I
> need to
> > upgrade this to apache 1.3.27.
> > I have downloaded the rpm's from RH site, but when i try to install
> the new
> > package, it givemes me failed dependencies errors..

> Try
>    rpm -Uvh apache-* mod*

I would not recommend that. RedHat has specific rpms for 7.1 For
security issues they will probably back port patches to apache 1.3.27
or in extreme cases generate rpm for a newer version. The OP has not
mentioned the distribution for which the rpm's were downloaded but if
they are for 7.1 it is best if up2date is used and all the dependancies
are resolved. If that is not a acceptable option I would rather remove
all apache* and mod_* rpm's before building from source.

Mithun