Spoonman wrote:

Sandip>There is quite some information on the web regarding implementation of
Sandip>ERP using Zope (http://www.zope.org). Look for various ERP software
Sandip>available at sourceforge(like Compiere) (http://sourceforge.net)
Sandip>
        PHULEEEES just cuz you have a bending towards python does not
        mean that you do shameless promotion.

Ha ha ha. No.. I am not trying to promote Zope because I admire Python. Just that it is a allegedly good platform for developing exterprise level web applications. Cant think of others in its class.

come one Zope? does it even work? the last time I saw zope work was on a P4 box with 512 Megs of ram.

        when you type 'ls' after starting zope well you have just invested
        in a hour of processing. it crawls NO it dsnt crawl it sucks.

I dont want to comment on something I havent seen.

I will not be shameless and so not suggest Perl. ;)

That is just a language. What do you expect him to do? Build a complete framework from scratch? This is not about develping one simple web script. An ERP system should be flexible, extensible, scalable etc. etc., putting that all in would be a sheer waste of time considering that so many web application framkeworks are available.

Pick up any portal packages, understand how the module system work, extend teh system by coding specific modules as required ...

Dont try to reinvent the wheel ...

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya                        http://www.sandipb.net