Hi,

This may sound slightly out of league here, but anyways...

I have this old laptop (P-75, 16mb) which has a PCMCIA slot...
I presume this would be a type I pcmcia slot.

I wish to buy a PCMCIA lan card... and so...

1. my question is that can a Type II Card work in this slot? (i.e. can a
type II card accept an old system & can the old computer accept a type II?)
Does anyone has any experience in it?  (I ask this ofcourse because if it
does, the same card can be used later on a newer laptop...)

2. Secondly, any preferences on Pcmcia cards? i have no clue whatsoever, so
if there are specific types of cards which work on linux, if possible,
please do mention them (e.g. names, specs etc...).

3. Anyone knows its price ? i heard 500, 1500, 3000 from varying sources...
and feel worried to give the next price i hear from a nehru place shop.

NOTE: i am looking at a "PCMCIA lan card" (which i can use to connect to a
local network, RJ-45)

thanx.
robins