On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 20:48, Narsingh Sahu wrote:
>  --- Arvind Sinha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > try
> linux lowres at the boot promt.
> > shuld work.
> > arvind
>
> Or try vga=normal at boot prompt.
The original poster had said that he was a newbie to Linux. I do no
think he would know how to pass arguments at boot time (also he has not
specified his boot loader).

> You also could have
> it in your lilo.conf file.
Moreover, IMHO he would not know the the location of the lilo.conf file
(it resides in /etc/lilo.conf). Also, I think he will have to run lilo
at command prompt so that the effect of the new lilo.conf file. It
sometimes gets really maddening locating configuration files unless you
know the Linux file system moderately well.

The point I am trying to make is that instead of making off-the-cuff
answers to questions from newbies, the more expert people should take
time to put a bit more thought into the answers and tone (or dumb) down
the answers so that newbies have less problem in understanding the
answer. Pointers to man and info pages (with hints on how to invoke
them) are also useful.
--
   / \__
  (    @\___    Raj Shekhar