Sandip Bhattacharya wrote:
http://www.itweek.co.uk/News/1143267

This article claims that:
" ... According to SCO, the GPL cannot be enforced because it permits licensees to make an unlimited number of copies of the software being licensed. ... "

I think this has to with the counter-arguments some open source guys, including Alan Cox, I believe gave for the SCO liscencing drama. They claimed that SCO will have to release UNIX under GPL, since UNIX uses GPL code. :)

I think SCO it trying to defend themselves and say that GPL would be un-enforceable.

What I find very amusing in all of this is that SCO seems to have appointed themselves judge and jury in all these matters. First, they send out invoices to companies, as if they had won the legal right to do so. And then this...isn't a court of law, instead of SCO, supposed to decide whether a license is enforceable or not?

Varun Varma