Hi LL

Glad you asked! Actually, the SWF format has always
been open source. For details, head to openswf.org or
macromedia.com. Recently, the people at CrossOver
office were able to run Macromedia Flash and
Dreamweaver using CrossOver office on Linux, so Linux
developers are no longer devoid of Flash-dev tools.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that there are
a lot of C++ (libswf) and Perl (Perl: Flash) libraries
that directly output SWF. Hope that's enough info to
get you started.

Arun

P.S.: Is anybody going to answer my request for a
meeting place?