nishant wrote:
Hi All,

I am using RedHat linux 8.0 with two lan cards assigned ip address 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2. Now the problem that I am facing is that one of the Lan card takes up both the address. I figured this out using arp. How can I resolve the problem and have both the lan card taking up their addresses only.

Assuming that both the LAN cards are plugged into the same switch/hub, what you are seeing is known behaviour with Linux.

Set
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/arp_filter = 1
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/arp_filter = 1

Varun Varma