Hi Vivek,

You should examine the various device level standards supported by your vendor, such as WPA/802.11i and 802.1x. Also, you might want to consider IPSEC, PPTP, or another VPN solution. These would allow you to secure your own traffic from eavesdroppers, while still allowing open access (without using a separate AP for a secure channel).

regards, Virendra

vivek khurana wrote:
HI! Everyone

 I want to know is 802.11b is really secure for
transmitting senestive data or should we relly on old
wired lan for transmitting sensetive data within an
organisation?? Also, which are the security technics
can be used with 802.11b.

with regards
vivek

=====