Hi Sahil,

Will check and let you know. Meanwhile I had issued the following command to handle
this problem in su mode :

# chown 644 *

but the problem is not solved. Only I am able to write to a file in my /home/malkiat
directory and not /home/malkiat/y2kcob or /home or /home/malkiat/y2kbin. But I have
issued the chown 644 * command in all these respective paths and the problem is not
solved.

Regards
have u checked the permissions and owner of the file??
On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 09:48, MALKIAT BENIPAL wrote:

> Dear guys,
>
> While I was working in linux (Mandrake 9.0) suddenly there was a power fluctuation
> due to loose connection of cables between my PC and my UPS sockets. With the result
> the PC rebooted.

MALKIAT