dear ashwin,

i'd like to thank you for such an excellently organized linux newbie
meet. at last, we have linux-newbie meetings as well! hooray!

the population of india is more than 1 billion. the total computer users
in india is not more than 75 million. so obviously, we have an endless
demand to understand computing, and the linux-newbie meet is *the* most
important step that we can take to ensure that millions and millions of
indians across the subcontinent start their first embrace with computing
in the right direction, with the right value systems, understanding the
dilemma that the 'market forces' of 'casual' sharing lead to are at
catastrophic levels, and that computing is about freedom, not about
bondage.

hope ashwin, you can document and share 'howto orgainze a linux newbie
meet' so the initiatives can be replicated across india, across
organizations, as a techno-social-cultural revolution.

thanks for the meet, the samosas and chais, the attention to detail, and
hope we have a linux newbie meet every month, because every single
minute in india, someone somewhere must be wondering about linux and
wondering how to step into it, in india.

even as you read this.

hope those who attended can share the interactions and knowledge in
their organizations, with their peers, colleagues, friends. hope a few
of you also take the initiative of setting up talks and events and
seminars on migrating to gnulinux for the non-techie win user.

keep posting these on this mailing list, if these are public events are
public or 'open-door' so others may attend as well.

:-)
LL

ps: ashwin, whenever you're done with the reference books, could you
please send them back to me. am already missing them in my work.

whoever took my dyne:bolic cd, if you've copied it, could you return it
back, please.

***