Thank you Mr. Raj Shekar for your suggestion.

Raj Shekhar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 13:31, s nagar wrote:
> hi everyone
>
> i need to ask you one thing
> that whether it is possible to create users in bulk rather than creating single user
> in case there are many users to be created and simultaneously giving them same
> password as their username.
> in case you have some solution then please do reply.

There is a utility called 'useradd' which comes with the shadow-utils
package. You can use it either interactively or pass it the options
using the command line. The main options for you would be

useradd [-p passwd] [-s shell] login-name

You can use this utility in your shell script. Use the shell script to
read a user name from the txt file, use useradd to create the user. If
you try google, I think you may come across scripts which do this.

--
/ \__
( @\___ Raj Shekhar