On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 16:19, Ashwin Baindur wrote:
> Dear all,
> The How-To for Newbies Meet has been uploaded at the site in pdf and sxw. Comments
> welcome. Happy New Year to All of ILUGD and our Families!
> Regards, Ashwin

thanks for uploading the OpenOffice and the PDF files of the howto
document. as also for the naya saal wishes according to the gregorian
calendar.

guyd, the document is under the FDL, so please feel free to share it
with your friends, office colleagues, college friends, neighbours.
upload it to servers out there for people to discover and download.
publish it on your workplace's intranets. print and photocopy and
distribute. take it to your user groups. give it to your HRD, your
training and/or events manager. armed with the two documents, organize
atleast one small event of your own.

among the more than 1 billion people of india, there's work to be done.

sudhanwa of pune linux user group (PLUG) uploaded me a document on a
'test paper' to evaluate gnulinux awareness. you can find it on the pune
linux user group website. plug.org.in.

PLUG is going to conduct GNU/Linux related courses designed for
beginners level & professional level. so i suppose someone who wishes to
take linux-newbie initiatives further here in delhi, could share
resources and knowhow with them. PLUG has even published its course
onsite.

sundhanwa, you could share AshLin's howto organize a newbie meet with
PLUG and with other user groups in india as well.

hmmm... lots of action happening on PLUG. i think i'd subscribe to their
mailing list one of these days.

:-)
LL