This is more of a confession than HOWTO but would like to share with all
who may be having similar problem. For a longtime I was foxed on how to
make copies of bootable CD's. Searching the web resulted in more
confusion. First I was able to make some progress when I was able to
make boot CD's from boot iso images downloaded from the internet. The
command was fairly simple:
"cdrecord -v speed=4 dev=0,0,0 /path/file.iso"
Here speed was determined by my recorder and dev was found by looking at
output of "cdrecord --scanbus"
As downloading boot iso is a painful matter of 600mb+ next problem was
how to make image from existing bootable CD? After lot of false starts
and more than a few wasted CDR's this also turned out to be most simple.
Just put the exiting boot CD in your drive and give:
"cat /dev/cdrom > /path/filename.iso"
I resisted of switching back to win and adopting a simple burn from Nero
or such but it did take a lot of time in trying to clear out that there
is no need to give path to image or boot.cat files etc.
HTH to any one in similar situation.

--
Sudev Barar

Learning Linux