Abhishek Kumar wrote:
> email id for CD request has gone to spammers and you get all kind of crapy
> request please change the id for CD request and update us all
I think the barrage has subsided.
It was more due to "over enthusiastic"(as in not clueful) members who
considered cd at linux-delhi.org as their friend to be bombarded with "Best
Wishes" and "interesting" chain mails than the faceless spammers.
I am sure the list Gods can blacklist any address that spams the CD list.
(Did I volunteer to do that just now ?)
cd at linux-delhi.org is a very famous resource which a lot of non-members
of ilugd list know and use and I don't think it would be possible to update
people about it.
>>Continuity<< is the key on the Internet(also Principle of least surprise),
once people get used to a particular resource it is painful not to find it
at its place especially if someone belongs to a bandwidth scarce region
( when will the geography textbooks show bandwidth distribution maps along
 with Rainfall patterns, Mineral resource distributions etc on the map of
India) and checks out things once in months.
-Tarun