Comments emembeded...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of amit soni
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 7:14 PM
To: The Linux-Delhi mailing list
Subject: Re: [ilugd] Club bandwidth

>>>Yikes!!  This gives an impression that all Linux Techie lead a hand
to mouth life. I thought Linuxers/GNUers are driven >>>by the statement
"The most courageous people in the world are volunteers".

Aren't you trying to exploit this statement???

>>>However, most of the replies that come from "gurus" in this mailing
list are like, "newbies need to be looked down >>>>
>>>upon". No doubt there are words of encouragement that appear to just
"float" all over.
>>>But when a newbie  asks a "technical" query. The replies have a tone
" HUH! You don't even know that!, get lost, read >>>this, this and this,
do a million sit-ups and then come back, I might explain you the real
answer."

It won't be a sit-up exersice but yes, no body should encourage "Mouth
Feeding".
Progress has little to do with speed, but much to do with direction!!!
So a breif direction would let me *scratch* all the possibilties to
solve the problem and let all my brothers know, if I found another
related thing that would help others in future...

>>>Could be due to the fact that....
>>>1) The guru is tired of replying to stupid questions
>>>2) The guru is conceited.
>>>3) The guru doesn't want to be with newbies any more.
>>>4) guru is not a guru, but simply wants to be called a guru.

The conscience of the soul will help you change and be the best you can
be!!!

>>>For eg. Ghane replies as if he is going to skin a newbie alive if
he/she dared to ask what the command to see a
>>>directory listing is! The above example has not much to do with the
rest of the mail.
>>>If I was a guru I'd probably know.
>>>Having, said all that, I as a novice, I still feel nice to be a part
of ILUGD. Perhaps the above is NOT true to that
>>>extreme, but I do sense it sometimes.

....And life is what we make it, always has been and always will be :-)

-Amit.

Cheers!!!

-Gurpreet Singh Sachdeva