On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 14:45, Sandip Bhattacharya wrote:

> I have downloaded the Knowims CD image (http://wims.unice.fr/knowims/),
> and will burn it for the occasion.

just checked it out, cool stuff.

> I wonder why cant we offer a one-time only(coz many CD burning
> volunteers dislike this option normally) CD-by-post feature at the
> stall? We find out the courier and packaging charges. And we only need
> to have the demo CDs for people to check out at the stall? We can ask
> for an advance at the stall and send it as we burn! The "booking" list
> would be a good PR too!
>
> - Sandip

nope, not a great idea. pre-burn and sell cds at the stall to a captive
audience. clinch a sale when the buyer is most agreeable. book cds that
you run out of, or need time. should you promise to ship a booked cd
that someone has paid for, you have a liability  until the person
receives the courier with goods intact. so avoid procastination.

:-)
LL