> Send me the details for the poster.
> I'm waiting for another couple of hours.
>

> Me

at the preparation meet, we decided people at the meet decide on the
text they want to see on posters, and will send a soft copy to me, which
should really be sent directly to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
who is mairu gupta, who phoned-in at the meet and said please count him
in for all things related to poster-design.

mairu will then design, using just text and typography under gnulinux
(sodipodi, scribus) posters, some of them could be A4, some could be
double A4, in black-and-white or color, outputted to desktop printers on
plain sheets, and pasted at the stall. for some raj mentioned you could
try a tiled printout (that scales up design across multiple sheets).

parallally, mairu needs to find out how much does a banner cost, the one
that is usually hand-painted on cloth. this banner is a one-time
investment, should fit on a 6 ft x 6 ft stall (which means it could be
about 6 ft in width, and perhaps 2 to 3 feet in height).

the banner should be all-purpose. it should have the text
"www.linux-delhi.org" and the maharaja tux penguin illustration.
we  could use this at other meets.

once mairu finds out the price, which should be monday afternoon max,
the mailing list could decide if it is agreeable and go ahead with it.

those at the meeting decided we should not go for large-format plotted
outputs, as they cost a huge sum of money. raj said that a volunteer
could print to his desktop printer gratis. others recommended bureaux in
nehru place and other places that charge rs 30 or so per printout.
mairu, please decide what is the best option.

all queries for poster and banner are solely with mairu.

:-)
LL