hi,
thought I'd share a few points: -

I have changed over to Qmail (for Maildir support) and
I use sqwebMail as the web mail client (Its supposed
to be the fastest webmail on earth!) which reads
directly from the Maildirs instead of Imap
connections. Also for posterity I have a Courier Imap
server which handles Maildirs. Believe me, My server
is a P-III with 128 Megs and I host 3 virtual email
domains. Things really are fast!!!
Another pro for the Maildir format is that there is no
single mbox (like in SendMail(ugh!)) hence searching
is also faster.

=====
catch ya later (Ive gotta UnWire Life!!!)
  shiv