On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 09:23, Raj Mathur wrote:

> ``[Open Source] is a pitch for "free software" on solid pragmatic
> grounds rather than ideological tub-thumping.  The winning substance
> has not changed, but the losing attitude and symbolism have.''

where was this?

> The other thing that could immediately change is the time we get to
> prepare for the event.

hearing the announcement at the event, i can certainly say we've got one
year in hand already to prepare. am sure tee-shirts for next year's
event will be ready by then, several logistics issues can be ironed out,
and idealogical battles can be thrashed over lakhs of emails...

just need to keep communicating.

i'd also like to add that interacting with other LUGs could be done well
in advance.

:-)
LL