I had searched for a long time for a truly easy to use Internet gateway solution based on Linux. Obviously i could have set things up myself since everything needed is already a part of every distro. I neither had the time nor the experience to try something like that.

Last week i found what i find is the easiest and quickest way to install an Internet gateway. The solution from www.clarkconnect.org comes in the form of a bootable CD image that is based on RH9. The installer takes over and installs the whole setup very painlessly. In 30 mins of putting the CD in the drive i had a reasonable Firewall, Email Server with spam filtering and Anti virus scanning AND a webmail solution, Squid proxy with content filtering, status reports and whole lot of other stuff. The best part is everything was controllable with a very easy to use web interface to control each part of the setup.

This is an ideal solution for a small office/home especially if you are a newbie :) like me. I am bowled over with the product and have spent some time adding on stuff to really make this a fantastic server for my office.

The ISO is about 300megs so if anyone is interested but doesn't want to download it, just let me know and i will burn you a copy.

- Ankur.