A SAN Switch is usually a fibre channel switch, which
is used for data communication only. So all devices on
this fibre channel switch can see SAN storage. Needs
Host Bus Adapters to be installed in servers. Probably
you know Ethernet for LAN. You can search google for
getting as much details as you want.

Regards,
Naresh

--- Sharad  Singla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear group members,
>
> hi. can anybody tell me the difference between a
> normal ( LAN ) switch and a SAN switch.
>
> any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks & regards
> sharad

> Archives at:
> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.user-groups.linux.delhi