    Jayant> During install it ask for java path after that it might
    Jayant> not be installing the java binding for UNO objects. If u
    Jayant> have the install copy of OOo just re-install it. If u r in
    Jayant> linux try to delete the folder ".xopenoffice".

Nope, it didn't ask for any Java path while installing.  Java was
available in /usr/local/bin, no questions asked at all.

Maybe this version of OOo hasn't been compiled with Java support at
all?  Is it possible to do that?

Hmm, maybe I should go through the source...

[And before you start knocking me about this strange proclivity for
Java, this is required to access a DB2 database on an AIX machine
using JDBC, the only option available :) ]

Regards,

-- Raju

--
Raj Mathur                [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://kandalaya.org/