On 03/26/2004 01:03 PM, Ritesh Agrawal wrote:
run squid as #squid -D
it disables squid's internal DNS lookup
for  more info #squid --help

by setting /etc/squid/squid.conf dns_nameservers as none

As far as i can tell, its already running with the -D option as per the /etc/rc.d/init.d/squid script . And the dns_nameservers are already defaulted to none so no change really needed there. I read somewhere that its a security feature where squid checks the DNS for the same domain and if it doesnt match what it already had then its blocked as its taken as DNS poisoning. Unfortunately that message did not have a way to fix this.

Does anyone have any solutions without recompiling squid ? I would also appreciate any links to binaries for RH9 .

thanks ,
- Ankur.

P.S. Sandip , i though those headers were incorrect :) , thanks for pointing out the problem.