--- Raj Mathur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> After LinuxLingam's tasty and entertaining minutes
> of the March Meet,
> it's time to start looking forward toward the April
> Meet.
>
> The 3 basic questions are:
>
> 1. Where (venue?)
>
> 2. What (what's the theme of the Meet?)

How about localization of linux.

Lot of peoples are not able to use softwares just
because it's not in their mother tongue. IndLinux
(http://www.indlinux.org) and few others have been
doing effort for localization of linux. There are
still lot of things to be done. Here goes some of my
ideas:

1.) Softwares for peoples like shop keepers or those
who would like to do some computing if it could be
made easier for them. (Not at all mean that they can't
be a computer geek)

2.) As a educational media for students in rural
areas.

3.) Mail clients, messengers, browsers.

I propose we start next meet with configuration of
softwares in local languages and share ideas on new
and existing software projects for localization.

Now as agenda is already decided, I would still like
to give a talk on localization (If it's fine with
everyone :) )