On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 23:56, Anirban Biswas wrote:
> Hi
>       Do not take me wrong but I think M$ office or OO.o both sucks some how less
> or more & if you guys really want to produce some high quality documents with
> out any pain then learn & .use LaTex & if you already know it them Kile is a
> very good LaTex editor in KDE

the above is a flame-bait. but atleast i won't fall for it. for 25
years, serious TeX users know that TeX is not in the same category as
ordinary word-processing, much less office suites such as oo.o and m$o.

TeX is for typesetting, and for something called 'document engineering.'

no comparison, even though both seem to do the same thing. but the
similarity ends there.

in the world of software sufism, there is no contradiction. the
intelligence of the heart sees that a computer can have both OO.o and
teX & its tools such as LaTex, KILE, LYX, etc, peacefully co-existing.

to this, i'd also add DTP like scribus.

as an aside, i can show you many people who handle letters, invoices,
etc, all from a spreadsheet rather than a wordprocessor, even though the
output is identical. big deal.

and btw, i use all three.

:-)
LL