On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 01:07, Bhaskar Dutta wrote:
> Hi all,
>   just wanted to share this information regarding the
> flashmob I event which happened earlier today. I have
> been following this event for quite a few weeks.
>
> The event failed to gather 500 gigaflops to achieve
> supercomputer status. managed around 180 only.

we are not that ambitious. no need to break world records, etc. just
doing that event is making history in indian computing.

we'll probably manage anything between 50 to 100 computers which is good
enough. am sure as time goes by, people will finetune flashmobcomputng
until within six months to two years, they break world supercomputing
records. it is inevitable. let's just get started and run patience on a
supercomputer, though someone would have to re-work the code! [grin]
:-)
LL