-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Sandip Bhattacharya
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 4:25 PM
To: The Linux-Delhi mailing list
Subject: Re: [ilugd] Need help for RHCE system crash part

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am preparing for RHCE exam need some pointers and docs for there
> system crash part

I dont know about system crash(which is too general a term anyway), but
yes, they do give an unbootable system which you have to recover. Most
of the problems involve bootloader or incorrect fstab related problems.

> As far as I know they give us a boot cd with a system whose hard disk
> data is erased

Never heard of this.
All I got to know from people is this only tht they give you one
bootable cd with some of the data erased and you have to analyse the
core dump part. Don't know much about it but just heard of it also there
were some pointers on internet stating the same so need some help on how
to solve it

> I know tht I need to make a new kernel but how ???

How is that going to help?

> Any help pointers will be appreciated.

Readup about fstab, mount, grub (and optionally lilo) properly. put in
incorrect setting in grub.conf, reboot and try to recover the original
settings.

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya
sandip (at) puroga.com

GPG: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3

Confidentiality Notice

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this
message are intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged
information. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or [EMAIL
PROTECTED] immediately