On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 00:27, Avinesh Bangar wrote:

> Were your speakers really close to your mouse cable?  We have similar
> issues here at our office.  Whenever a cell phone within close
> proximity to a PC and speakers/headphones rings, you can hear the
> speakers buzzing/hear buzzing in your headphones.  Electromagnetic
> induction.. grrr.  Of course, all the electronic devices (here in
> CAN/US) come with a FCC warning.. 'Must accept any interference
> received' :-| [1].
>
> [1] http://www.fcc.gov/oet/faqs/eadfaqs.html
>
> Regards,
>  Avinesh

nah! avinesh, EMI is what i initially thought too. but one day, this
engineer walked in and showed me it wasnt happening with other OSes and
other releases on the same PC. that's when it dawned on me some bizarre
stuff is happening with redhat8, and i can't remember if it happend with
redhat7.3

when i installed fedora (pcqlk24) it disappeared. strange are the ways
of the tux with other animal spirits. like the mouse.
:-)
LL